Impromptu sorting game for a lil TGIF fun!
My kiddos are 4 and 21 months, so we worked on a variety learning objectives with this one. Each plate had the name of the color written uppercase in that color. I also wrote it out in lowercase on the bottom. I grabbed random toys from around the house and threw them in a big pile in the middle.
This ended up being a great success!
- I had them sit on the couch to listen to the instructions. #listeningcomprehension
- They worked together to sort random toys on the correct plate. #teamwork
- ‘J’ was able to read the words on the plate. #reading
- When there was more than one of any item, we worked on counting. #math
- Speaking candidly, ‘Baby J’ was over the sorting portion a lot sooner than ‘J,’ so she started putting the mega blocks together. Working on those gross motor skill, right?
Sometimes I forget how easy it is to create games with things you already have in the house. They both had fun and we’ll definitely do it again soon!